Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Want My Flowers NOW....

I Love the smell of fresh flowers.  I love the way they draw you into a room.  I love the beauty of their colors. http://www.teleflora.com/flowercolors.asp

I don't love the fact that I have to be sick, or that I have to have experienced a death or a loss of some kind for someone to send me flowers.  Why can't we just send a friend or loved one some flowers because we woke up this morning and their name was on our mind?  Maybe they need a special prayer or a special pick me up of encouragement or just something different in their day.

No, I did not get a job at a florist shop.  So this is NOT a plug for business. hehe  But....I did meet this beautiful lady yesterday.  I was blessed to be in her house for about 6 hours and we talked, laughed and even cried a little.  She has been on this earth for over 90 years and yet she is sharp as a whip.  Boy, can she tell some awesome stories.  Not to many of us can brag that we were here when President Lincoln was in office. And how many do you know that can tell you about the very first radios?

Her life wisdom was so awesome.  Several things she said to me yesterday stuck in my mind.  One of those things she said to me was, "I want my flowers while I am here to enjoy them....not when I am dead and gone".  She was telling me how much she has always loved flowers.  Her husband would make sure that there were fresh flowers of all kinds and colors in their house daily.  She misses that. 

Her lifetime friend and soul mate has been in heaven for many years.  I asked her why she never dated or thought about remarriage after he passed.  She told me this...."No one could ever match up to the Best.  I had the Best for many years, I was Blessed."   

That is my daily prayer....to strive to be "The Best".  Lord with your help mold me to be the best ~ the best mother, the best grand-mother, the best sister, the best aunt, the best friend; the best at every hat I wear...mold me be the Best to your Glory.



Read it, study it, live it...the Word of God.
It is powerful and full of tools to live by.


Have a Super Wonderful Day...

   Smile at everyone you walk past, it will make them wonder what mischief you have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment